Carolina Digital Phone’s Hosted VoIP Phone System for the Roofing Industry
According to research by IBIS World, the market size for roofing contractors has surged to $41.9 billion a year, which represents a 5.2% increase from 2014 levels. What’s more, the industry is projected to grow 2.1% through 2020, and a survey by RoofingContractor.com found that 82% of both residential and commercial roofing contractors anticipate higher sales over the next three years. It’s a great time to be in the roofing industry!
Despite the optimistic outlook and strong, growing demand — especially for storm-resistant, durable, and energy-efficient roofing solutions — many roofing contractors are not achieving their full profit potential due to communication obstacles and gaps. According to Procore’s Jobsite construction news portal, these communication failures often lead to:
- Employees misunderstanding management decisions or reacting differently than expected.
- Managers misunderstanding employee needs, which leads to lower performance and higher worker turnover.
- Frustrated customers, clients, sponsors and other key stakeholders who feel “left in the dark” instead of informed throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Costly and time-consuming rework.
- Potential safety violations, accidents and injuries.
Fortunately, that is where our state-of-the-art hosted VoIP phone system fills the gap and delivers the telecommunications solution that today’s roofing contractors need!
- Mobile and Remote Working: Roofing teams can use our mobile app for iOS and Android to stay connected across the job site, and easily communicate with colleagues at head office or other locations. For example, they can make and receive calls, share instant messages, check call history, access directories, access availability/busy status, and more. Plus, all outgoing calls made through our app display the roofing contractor’s information on Caller ID, not the individual worker’s personal information.
- Business Continuity: During a large scale residential or commercial roofing project, losing communication during a power outage does not just affect productivity and efficiency, but it puts worker health and safety at risk. Our VoIP phone system is built to continue operating even in the event of a local power outage. This can be a relatively short brownout (which are occurring more frequently these days due to the country’s aging and over-burdened power grid), or longer blackouts caused by severe weather, natural disaster, or man-made emergency.
- Easily, Quickly and Affordably Scale: Larger roofing jobs typically see workers onboard and offboard throughout the project. Giving each of these workers a corporately-supplied smartphone is typically cost-prohibitive; especially if their contribution is temporary. And back at the corporate office, adding new hires to a conventional landline phone system is costly, and it could take several days or weeks for the phone company to configure (and could involve digging up cable). With our VoIP phone system, roofing contractors can easily, quickly and affordably scale up or down based on changing needs. Within seconds, workers get their own phone number that can be accessed through their personal smartphone, so they can be productive, responsive and in-the-loop immediately. There is no cable to dig up, no huge “Moves, Adds or Changes/MAC” fees to pay, and no on-site PBX to configure or upgrade.
- Substantially Reduce Year-Over-Year Telecommunication Costs: Our hosted VoIP phone system operates at a substantially lower cost vs. a conventional landline phone system, with many roofing contractors poised to save up to 50% or more each year. There are no major up-front capital expenditures, no domestic long distance costs, no maintenance costs, and all ongoing technical support, upgrades and innovations are handled by our expert U.S.-based team. Plus, unlike conventional phone companies that regularly increase fees, our affordable pricing is fixed and predictable — which makes budgeting and forecasting easy and accurate.
- Advanced Calling Features: Our hosted VoIP phone system provides roofing contractors with a full range of advanced calling features to increase productivity, performance, efficiency, worker safety, customer satisfaction and results. Features include (but are not limited to) auto attendant, voicemail to email, live call transfer, video calling, conferencing, paging, intercom, presence, and the list goes on.
To learn more about how our hosted VoIP phone system will help your roofing business improve communication, productivity and success, contact us today at 336-544-4000 for your FREE consultation and demo. We can visit you at your location, or connect with you over the web.